What We Support
Our support is directed to organizations providing services in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, including:
- Public schools
- Private schools
- Charter schools
- Local government agencies
Applications are also accepted from Tribal Governments and Tribal nonprofit organizations throughout the United States.
Who is Eligible to Apply
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Organizations with a minimum of three continuous years of current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- Tribal and Inland Empire government entities requesting support for programs within the Giving Pillars.
- K-12 schools/districts, colleges and universities. One request per school will be considered per 12-month period.
- Organizations are only eligible to apply once per 12-month period.
- Organizations must demonstrate strong financial capacity and performance to be considered for funding.
- Organizations must have an established track-record that can demonstrate positive impact and progress toward desired goals.
- First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to apply using our application for $5,000 and below.
If applying for a grant, the following documents must be submitted along with the proposal:
- IRS Tax Ruling Letter
- Current Signed W-9 Form
- Most Recent Form 990, 990N, or 990EZ
- Financial Audit
- Organizational Budget
- Board of Directors List
- Confirmation of Secured Program Funding
- Project Budget on the San Manuel Template
- Signed Letter (Schools, Tribal & City Governments Only)
- Quotes/Bids (If Applicable)
Charitable giving program does not support
- Requests outside our geographic areas served.
- Individuals for any purpose (e.g. scholarships, hardship assistance, field trips, beauty pageants).
- Grants are not made to organizations that discriminate against certain groups or individuals in the delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
- Elections, political candidates, or political campaigns.
- Fundraising dinners or events.
- Third party funding and/or funding for redistribution to other groups.
- Programs delivering services to the general population outside San Bernardino and Riverside counties.
- Organizations that spend more than 25 percent of their operating budget on administrative overhead and fundraising costs.
- Requests to fund the majority or total cost of a project. Diversification of funding is required for a request.
- National organizations that do not deliver services in our geographic area (excluding Tribal organizations requests).
- Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes. Religious organizations that have received 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in our Giving Pillars are eligible to apply.
- Booster Clubs. Clubs are encouraged to work directly with school principals on school application.
On Feb. 1, 2021 at 12am, San Manuel will begin accepting applications for our 2021 grants.
Please Note: While we remain cautiously optimistic about our ability to provide grants in 2021, giving is subject to change based on availability of funds.
To apply for a new grant, please click the appropriate links below.
New Grant Online Donation Application: $5,000 and below | $5,000 to $100,000
*Please note – we do not accept unsolicited requests for over $100,000
In-Progress Grant Online Donation Application:
For returning users, please click here to access your account
*Please note – this Account Access link is only to view saved/in-progress applications